Monday, July 4, 2011

Life in the Clearance Section

Now money may not be able to buy you love but it sure as heck makes life a lot easier..

I've decided that worrying about financial issues is without a doubt my least favorite thing in the entire world. At twenty one years of age and I'm convinced I may very well give myself a hernia dealing with money or lack there of. And in all honesty, my life is pretty wonderful. I have a beautiful apartment, food on the table and at least a small amount of gas in my car but I'm telling you the more budgeting I do the more I realize how broke I am. And yes, I know what you're thinking, "Oh woe is you.."

But seriously, why is it that when you have money you're perfectly content with where you are and the things you own. But as soon as you realize you're completely strapped then reality rears it's ugly head. So instead of making this blog incredibly long-winded I will simply talk about various things I want but can't have because I'm poor. Here goes..

Car Maintenance!!: Yesss, you know that "grace period" in which they advise you after a certain number of miles your car should be given the full tuneup. Ie: tire rotation, breaks, engine, THE WORKS. Yeah, I'm about 90% positive I've gone a good couple thousand miles beyond that point. Now most would say, "Forget it! Get it done when you can." But it's seriously become a paranoia every time I get in my car. So irritating.



Tattoo: This may sound incredibly trivial but I've wanted another for a good three years now and coming up on my twenty second birthday I've come to the conclusion that it's something that means more to me then I ever thought would. I'm still in the beginning stages of finding a new artist and coming up with the  design. But it kills me that I couldn't afford it, even if I had all the specifics squared away.


No Clothes: (Alright alright, keep it PG folks..) This may come off totally superficial and egocentric but I would love.. I mean LOVE to be able to walk into the mall or heck even Target and be able to buy something based on what it looks like and not if it cost less than twenty dollars. And God forbid I buy more than one item at a time? It sounds silly but it can be really depressing.



Peace of Mind: Really, of all of the material things I need (or want) I really would just love to be able to sleep better knowing if something really awful DID in fact occur that I have the means to make it. I'm almost certain everything will be just fine but it would help my sanity indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Ditto x10! People who live at home have no idea how lucky they are! If I go another minth delaying that oil change, that parking ticket, that credit card bill, the car insurance bill, and that phone bill...I think im gonna lose it. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Oh goodness, I know! And honestly I'm just waiting for something bad to happen. And that sounds awful but seriously I just know the longer I put it off the worse it's going to be. But I'm so tight for money right now, I can barely afford gas! Oye vey! I think my only hope is entering for the lotto. ;)

    ReplyDelete